Monday, March 26, 2012

3-26-2012





Your primary class seems like a lot of fun! Everyone sounds
like they´re doing really good! Tara´s baby is really cute! If you get this
before they all leave, tell them all I say hi and that I love them! That´s cool
Tean´s in Disneyland, that sounds like a lot of fun. And Tance scoring in Rugby
and stuff sounds awesome! Make sure to record the games so I can watch them
when I get home! And Sawyer, whenever I show the families our family pictures
everyone thinks you´re the second oldest, right under me! Haha it´s pretty
funny. I´m glad everyone is staying close!
I love you all so
much! And everytime we´re with a family I always tell them stories of us when
we were younger and all the things we´ve done, and they love hearing about
them. I know i´ve said it before, but I know this is the True Gospel. The
things i´ve seen, and the people i´ve seen change have been such a testimony to
me, and some of the experiences i´ve had with the spirit are remarkable. I hope
the whole family gets to read these emails, on Gigi and Papas side and on
Grandma and Grandpa´s side. Tell everyone thanks for the emails, and i´ll do my
best to email them back and to send them letters!


We had another 2 baptisms this week, Gerardo, finally, he´s
the boy that we had to postpone 5 different weeks because he´s had so many
family problems. My comp and I think he´s going to be the next prophet or
something because there were so many problems with his baptisms. If you all
only knew the things we had to do to get him baptized! haha but finally we did
it, and it was a great experience for him and his family. His mom is a member
but went inactive a while ago, and we were able to get her coming back to
church, and the rest of his family too.

The other boy his name is Mauricio. His mom has been
inactive for 20 something years, and we found her name in the records. Mauricio
is the son of Goyo, I don´t know if you remmeber me talking about him a few emails
back, but he´s not willing to get married, so this monday it was pretty funny.
Me and my companion are planning, and we were thinking, and we were like, Why
are we not baptizing his son that has been coming for 3 weeks in a row to
church? haha so we went monday night, and we planned to put the baptismal date
with him, and we were planning for the next weekend, which would have been the
31 of march. That was the plan when we went into it. But we taught him the
lesson, and at the end my comp looked at me to put the date with him, and I was
just thinking in my mind, lets put it for this weekend, but my comp didn´t know
that I was going to do that. So he looks at me, and I look at Mauricio, and I
said, " Mauricio, we have prayed, and we ahve thought much about it, and
we think that you can be baptized this weekend (the 24 of march)" and my
comp looks at me with these huge white eyes, and was like, "what´re you
doing?!" in like a funny, you´re crazy, kind of way, and he accepted, and
we did it! Haha. And after the lesson, my comp was like "wow, I can´t
beleive that just happened, I wouldn´t have had the guts to put it in one
week!" haha but we worked really hard with him, and taught him every
single day, and we baptized him on saturday! It was really awesome.


This cyber that we´re typing at doesn´t have computer ports
to upload pictures, but when we get back to our pension, we´re going to run to
the cyber there and i´ll upload the pictures there, so you´ll get pictures in
about an hour or two. We have 3 baptisms planned for this weekend too. We would
have 4 but we found out the 15 year old that we´re teaching is smoking a pack
of cigarretts per day. he´s freaking 15 years old! But we´re working with him
so he can get baptized too. IT´s amazing what the scriptures can do for people
in their lives. I had no idea how important it is to read the scriptures. I
don´t know if i´ve talked about Luis Velazquez, but he is such a stud. He´s
like 30 years old, and he´s got 2 mentally handicapped kids, andwe have been
teaching him for about a month and a half now, and he has changed 100%. It´s
amazing the things he tells us. I´ll tell you a little more about him later
though.


Here the weather is FINALLY starting to change. It´s really
cold in the morning and at night, but during the day it gets pretty hot. IT´s
starting to rain quite a bit too, which is pretty refreshing.

I don´t know if i´ve
told you all about Alfajors, but they´re so goooooooood. It´s like a cookie
brownie mix, with Dulce de Leche is what it´s called. It´s like liquid
chocolate that they put in everything and it´s the most amazing thing ever.
Anyways, with Alfajors, it´s pretty funny, with the families that we´re
teachign with a lot of kids, I tell them "Okay, we´re going to do a challenge. If you don´t read
the scritpure that we mark you, by the time we come for our next visit, you owe
me an Alfajor", and then I tell them my favorite kind, and they start to
laugh and it´s pretty fun. nobody has yet to actually give me an alfajor
unfortunately though. haha.

One of the families we´re teaching has a few yuounger kids,
and one of them is an exact replica of Lilo, from the movie Lilo and Stitch.
And ever since the first lesson, i´ve called her Lilo, and now it has grown
into an epodemic, haha her mom calls her lilo, her family calls her lilo, and
the other day we actually heard people in the streets calling her Lilo! Haha
she loves it and it´s so funny that everyone is calling her Lilo now because of
me!



Dad- Every weekend here the people are always BLASTING their
music really loud in the streets, and about every other song is a song from
Franco Devita or one that I knew before coming, and the people always laugh,
because they see this gringo singing all these spanish love songs, and it´s
actually a good way to contact people.... "Woah, where are you guys
from?" "The united states" "then how do you know this
song?" " IF you give us a few minutes i´ll tell you, we are
representatives of Jesus Crist....." hahaha.

But i´ve also been
writing down a lot of really cool songs for us too, dad, for when I get home,
and i´m going to start buying some CDs for us too. They have some really really
good music here. One song that´s really popular here is called "The
Watchiturro" look it up on youtube and you´ll probably find it. It´s
pretty cool. I don´t know what it says, and i Hope it´s not bad, but it´s a
really popular one.

Thanks for all the encouraging emails dad, they really help.
Did you ever feel bad when people wouldn´t accept your message as a missionary?
Or when parents wouldn´t let their kids get baptized, even when their kids
really want to? It makes me really sad, and it´s really hard for me to see. I
love you dad, and I miss you. Thanks for going golfing with me before we left.
In our area there is a golf coarse that´s beautiful and looks really fun. We´re
definitely going when I bring you all
here, and since my companion leaves and goes home this week we´re going to ask
permission to be able to go for a going home present haha.

I love you all, and I really miss you all. Thanks for all
the support you give me!

No comments:

Post a Comment