Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 11, 2013


March 11

This week was pretty crazy. It rained pretty much every single day, and the mud is just crazy. The crazy thing about Resistencia is that the streets don`t really have a good sewer system, so the water stays on the roads for like a whole day after it stops raining, and all the streets have just a ton of mud, so all my clothes are pretty much gray from the mud. Oh, that`s something cool about Resistencia too, the dirt is like a gray, instead of a blood red, like it was in Misiones, in my first area, so that`s something a little different.

Also, Elder Landires says Hi, and that he misses you all, and that it was great to meet you all on Skype for Christmas!

That story about the facebook thing that you guys sent me last week is so hilarious, when I told my companion he was laughing forever. But This week was really good. We had to prepare our investigators really well, because the Rain controls Argentina. Even more than the presidente. Oh, the Presidente here is actually a woman... not sure if you all knew that or not? Her name is Christina Kerchner, which is kinda weird to have a woman president for 2 years. Going from a black presidente, to a woman presidente....... what is the world coming to? Haha. But the Vallejos family, and Guillermo and Viviana are doing GREAT. Here in Argentina there are a lot of strikes, and this whole week the place where people get married here is on strike, so we haven´t been able to get them married, but we`re thinking about marrying the Vallejos and Guillermo and Viviana all together in the same day next Thursday! The Vallejos actually invited us over for lunch one day this week, and it was awesome. I love them so much! Tonight they invited us over for dinner... Which is a little different because dinner here is just little, because they eat so much for lunch, so that´s gonna be awesome, i`ll be sure to take some pictures for all of you, so that you can put a face to who you`re praying for. If you could all please pray hard for these two families, to be able to get married, and baptized, I know it would help a lot. Yesterday we had 7 people in church, which was actually really awesome, and we`re super excited for that. After church was a big surprise too, because we are just walking in the pouring rain, when all of a sudden our mission president and his wife pull up in their car to take us back to our pension!! So that was SUPER awesome. Almost no other Elder can have that experience! But also, the downside of that, is this thursday we were planning our day, we hear a clap at hte door, I open the door, and there is our Mission Presidente.... With the Assistents of the mission.... All three sitting there waiting to come see our pension, and how it was... And I can`t say it was awesome, but it was pretty good. I really can`t stand a dirty or messy pension, so luckily i`ve deep cleaned and made really nice and tidy and organized all the pensions, but it could have been a lot better. So those are the awesome thigns about Resistencia, and living just a few streets away from your Mission President! I`m not sure if you guys know a lot about him, but he`s actually the Owner or Part Owner of Energy Solutions.... Yeah the huge energry company, and the owner of the Jazz. So let`s just say he`s been on the top 100 list for worlds most wealthy people. He`s so awesome, I love him so much, and I learn so much from him every time I`m with him. YOu should look him up on Google or soemthign, I`m sure he`s got a lot of Info on the web, His name is Raymond S. Heyman.

But thank you all for everything. I`m SUPER excited for Tean`s mission call!! I actually shouted a little here in our little internet place, and everyone looked at me pretty funny, which was a good laugh for everyone. But I know he`s going to love it, and I know he`s doing the right thing!! Me and my companion both really like to run and lift weights in the morning, which has been a big blessing because we both have a lot of fun doing it, and every single morning we have been running 2.5 miles, which is actually a really cool thing for me, seeing that I never liked to run before the mission! It`s also ironic because his name is Elder Weight.... Haha. But he`s awesome, we get along really well, and we are doing really well with the Zone, and our Elders are having a lot of success, and they`re really happy with us, so this transfer is goign to be great!! I love you all, thank you so much for everything! Have a wonderful week, and be sure to look for missionary opportunities! There are people out there that need us!

 

The first four are of our pension! Where we live. We actually just cleaned it like crazy this morning!

The other is of us my MTC group, we had a mission conference with the whole mission this tuesday, and I got to see EVERYONE. Everyone came to Resistencia, and it was AWESOME.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment