Thursday, August 22, 2013

8/19/2013




First photo: We cleaned out the baptismal font so we did some service for the chapel and we cleaned out a closet that was just hidious with old books and liahonas and things, and we found this HUGE BIBLE!!! It`s sweet. I wanted to keep it but felt bad, so we left it in the church hoping that we find someone that can`t read very little letters.

Second: Baptism of Javier Corvalan, and his family that we reactivated and are working on getting married!!


My camera died, so next week I`ll send lots of pictures, and the ones that weren`t able to be sent the last 2 weeks. Just to start out, something really cool that might help everyone is something I did yesterday in my studies. SIt down, and just start to think in the last year, how you have grown and changed. Take some time to reflect on how you have changed, what happened, and what you remember. Ponder on a few of the thigns that stand out to you most, and how you learned important things in certain circumstances.  Just sit and ponder, and WRITE it down as it comes to youI did it, and it was really cool to be able to see what experiences stood out to me most, and how i`ve grown as a person. 

This week was a little struggler for me, but just like always, it`s for our own good, and I learned and grew as a person.  We have been helping Cristian, the 16 year old kid we found looking for a less active family, and for some reason he just kind of stopped being excited to get baptized, which was really hard for me because he was progressing so well, even going to seminary and things, and we are still working with him. He came to church again so we`re still really excited, but we are going to see if we can`t baptize him this weekend. PLEASE pray for him, Remember him in your prayers.  We had transfers and nothing happened, so me and Elder Creer are together another 6 weeks, so we`re excited. I love this area a lot. THe members are so awesome. We have been helping a lot of the members that didn`t really get a hwole lot of visits because the city is so big, and we have been working with the Garcia family, and on thursday they actually gave us a whole pasta frola! It`s a huge dessert here and it`s the size of a large pizza in teh states, and it`s amazing. It is my absolute favorite dessert here, and the Hermana heard me I guess at lunch one time, so they decided to make us one, and that was a really cool experience for us.  My comp got an ingrown toe and tried to take it out himself, and of course just totally messed it up and it got way infected, so we`ve had to walk a little slower these last few days haha. The other day a member took us to one of her references, and we had a really powerful lesson with them. They are 3 people, Vanessa the mom, Diego the son of 17 years, and Ceci the daughter of 22 years and they seem like they are really prepared. Diego already said he`d go to seminary and things, so we`re excited about them, please pray for them too.  We`ve got quite a few baptisms lined up for the next few weeks so we`re really excited! Yesterday we asked permision to play basketball with all the youth of the branch, and we went ot play for a few hours, and it was a lot of fun to go play with them and for them to see a different side of us.  But we`re doing good. It`s finally warming up and getting hot again, so that`s good. But other than that it`s great. I really had a lot of spiritual experiences this week. I want everyone to know the reality, and truthfulness of the plan of salvation. Jesus Christ took part in EVERY single aspect, and he effected each part. I am so greatful for him and what he`s done in my life. He truly is our Savior. I finished reading Jesus the Christ and the book is absolutely amazing. I learned so much and it made me appreciate my Savior even more. I hope everyone can take a few minutes to really read more about the Savior and his life, and understand what it really is he did for us. 


I love each of you, thank you so much for your prayers and for your support. I hope all is well, and that eveyroen has a great week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment